(This is general information, could change, and is not to be considered for marketing or solicitation).
For this investment club, we are targeting accredited and various types of institutional investors that are aligned with our philosophies and do direct investing in public equities outside of formal fund structures.
Global, Multi-Capitalization Public Company Investor Club: Investment Research as well as Industry, Sector, Scientific and Technological Trend Analyses: We discuss companies and micro trends that are in and out of coherence with our principles. We also offer industry, sector, scientific or technological trends analyses and forecasts using our principles. We take longer term views with our analyses.
Our general investment style: valuation sensitive and patient; happy to own cash if valuations look too rich or the market, in general, looks too risky; actively look for early identification of micro-trends within an industry and capitalize on the earlier mover advantage; earlier in and take profits along the way as necessary; longer term but practical and opportunistic; strong sell discipline; comfortable investing in risky projects and earlier in company life cycles; focused on breakthrough new science and technology applied toward really complex and interconnected problems; detailed risk analyses on multiple levels at company specific, industry, sector, scientific, or technological levels; comfortable with volatility and market chaos.
- We choose investments that apply novel science and technology in creative ways to solve important and complex problems in society at their root cause.
- We use a rigorous and disciplined analytical process to identify these investments, leveraging a 25 plus year investment track record of “finding the needles in the haystack.”
- We are comfortable with higher levels of cash, especially during times of uncertainty or high volatility to help smooth out cycles and make sure adequate cash to buy positions of interest on dips.
- Preferred initial investments: before product roll outs, very early on in new growth cycles, if stocks of interest fall in value and create opportunity, after early technology validation, at early stages of important new industry trends, valuation sensitive.
- We work collaboratively with companies to assist them when necessary with financial/executive/scientific/technical resources.
- We take the longer view with our company investments and make sure all business and financial interests are aligned with all important stakeholders.