We are targeting accredited and a range of institutional investors with aligned philosophies for our global, direct private deal investment service (no venture capital, private equity or corporate finance firms). Investors can expect unique and differentiated deal flow. Investors select their own projects from our deal room. We select private companies for investment and post them to the online deal room. We offer transparency on our research process and include that information in our multi-media, online research portal. We also offer virtual conferences and expert webinars to help the investors feel comfortable with our analysis and process. We provide an unprecedented level of transparency to our investors, so we make sure investors have high integrity and are aligned with our business and financial goals. Our goals are to have sufficient capital resources to invest early and throughout the life cycle of the companies.
We expect to use a variety of novel financial and business strategies that are not always possible in the typical venture capital syndicate model, but should enable our solutions-based model to succeed more effectively. Our expert network is on-demand so we continue to look for valuable partners. We feel that such an efficient and flexible model should not only solve important problems more effectively but should allow for long term returns that are more resilient and less prone to booms and busts. We follow lean/efficient investment principles that help to better manage business and investment risks. Fortunately this systems-based process also makes it easier to identify important breakthrough innovations. One of the reasons for this is the study of non-linear, complex adaptive systems is thriving due to new scientific and technical tools, as well as more frequent interdisciplinary collaborations of scientists, engineers, mathematicians, and data scientists (even joining these groups these days are naturalists, philosophers, artists, musicians, economists, spiritual leaders, writers….). This business development and investment process is an iterative, slower business and investment process that is much more efficient, effective, creative, and resilient to change. The reason this ecosystem-based investment/business approach works so well is it mimics the dynamics of a system that is a sustainable and balanced state and uses that to determine how to select entrepreneurs that innovate in ways that are more optimal and win-win. Compared to this approach, it becomes very obvious how dysfunctional and unbalanced the existing “winner take all” financial/business systems really are.
We commit to alignment of business and financial interests with our important stakeholders. We require investors to align with our corporate values and principles. We expect strong long term returns with more favorable risk profiles (we are not financial advisors and investors are on their own whether to invest or not. We make no guarantees regarding long term investment performance).
We expect the general characteristics of our deal flow to be as follows: 1) companies where we feel we can get an exit within 24 to 36 weeks, 2) companies that do not fit the existing venture capital model (we use lean business practices and creative financial terms to pursue creative and innovative opportunities that are largely ignored today), 3) where we feel we have an analytical edge in fringe science or technology with breakthrough potential , and 4) growth equity for businesses that need expansion capital. We are flexible with financial terms and follow lean investment principles that enable more creative problem solving, better risk management and also strong returns for investors.
- We apply science and technology to solve large social, health or environmental problems, using a flexible and highly coordinated, systems-based investment, business and scientific/technical approach.
- Pythia Cap leads all due diligence with the help of its expert network and other consultants and selects the companies recommended for investment.
- Our network of expert advisors contains individuals with varied and essential industry and technical expertise to assist with due diligence and also to provide necessary professional services directly to the companies.
- Before investing, we expect to have a clear strategy on how to add value and what resources will be required over time help these important entrepreneurs make their vision a reality.
- Each investor has access to our web-based, multi-media research portal with a variety of resources for our investors.
- This is a confidential service so investors will not be able to share information from this data room and we will not share information such as the detailed information on the investors accessing this data room.
- Full transparency of due diligence on each potential deal is available to all investors in the web portal, including expert webinars/virtual conferences, online Q&A with company management teams, our own investment reports (availability of some detail may require NDAs).
- Companies share other necessary investment information in the research portal.
- We expect to be as flexible depending on the needs of the company/project and the entrepreneurs, including choosing the correct financial structure and other technical and executive resources that best suit each particular investment.
- We feel strongly “what” we are investing in is only part of the answer for solving important problems and the process of “how” we invest and collaborate to solve the problems will result in more effective, efficient solutions and more reliable returns for investors.
- Investors can expect unique deal flow, early through late stage opportunities, flexible deal terms, and alignment of business and financial interests.
- We look globally for opportunities where we kind find exciting investments that are less competitive and better economic values.
- We often find new ways to focus on important businesses such as medical devices or diagnostics that many other venture funds ignore as there is a perception they are smaller markets with too much regulation. We use our expert network and relationships to not only find the companies, but also to do the due diligence and help to select highly experienced advisors and board members to add value to the businesses. We use lean investment principles and also unique deal structures to target stronger returns than would be possible in the large venture capital funds, with less flexible financial terms.
- We use our experienced team and unique investment screening process to look for new science and technology across industry silos that can be applied in unique ways to solve important problems. We then use our highly coordinated and collaborative process to add value to the businesses and to target a more flexible and customized financial structure most appropriate for each investment.
- We use highly creative industry, scientific, non profit, governmental, and investor interdisciplinary collaborations around the world to unmask value and reduce risk in our company investments.
- Investors can say yes or no to any project/company recommended for investment.
- Investors can expect to talk to us before joining the network.